COVID 19 UPDATE (08/10/2021)
COVID-19 UPDATE & HOW IT IS AFFECTING OUR HOSPITAL
Veterinary services are deemed "essential" under the Shelter-In-Place Act during the current CoVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic. We are therefore still open & providing services to our clients & their pets as needed.
The Castro Animal Hospital wants to ensure we can continue to provide appropriate care, without impacting the health of our staff, clients & the greater San Francisco community.
We have therefore put together the following recommendations & guidelines for our clients
· Any clients with flu-like symptoms: high temperature, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath to please not enter our premises.
· Per CDC guidelines, all clients are to wear face masks or coverings while in our facility & maintain a 6ft distance from others where possible
· Clients to utilize the hand sanitizers in reception & consultation rooms.
· Only a single member of a family/household is permitted to accompany their pet into the hospital at one time
· Utilization of our online delivery services for prescription medications, food & preventative products - click here to access our online pharmacy & store
· Formal phone conference consults ($50 per half hour) - For more information click here or call our front desk on (415) 658 7745
· Curbside pick up for prescriptions - Please call our front desk when you are outsides & will bring your prescription out to you
· Drop & go Veterinarian & technician appointments - Drop off your pet for treatment & wait outside/in your car until they are ready to go home.
· Utilization of hands-free payment options & limit the use of cash
COVID-19 SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE FOR CLIENTS
Regardless of vaccination status, if you are unable to answer 'NO' to any of these questions please notify our staff as soon as possible. We ask that you arrange for another person that you have not had recent close contact with to bring in your pet or to contact our front desk at (415)-658-7745 to schedule a curbside drop-off appointment as we will not be able to accommodate a face-to-face appointment at this time
COVID-19 Screening Questions:
1. Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
2. Have you been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
3. Are you currently experiencing any of the following symptoms?
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
WHAT IS A CURB-SIDE DROP-OFF APPOINTMENT?
You will arrive at our hospital prior to your scheduled appointment & call our front desk (415-658-7745) to notify us of your arrival. You WILL NOT be entering the hospital. A technician will come out to meet you and take your pet in for their exam while you remain outside the hospital. Our Vet will then call you on your preferred cell number to review your pet's history, treatment plan & arrange a pick up time. Once your appointment is over, we will arrange payment over the phone with our front desk & your pet will be brought back out to you. This appointment may take longer than your allocated 30-minute appointment time so it is recommended that you do not wait outside the hospital but rather wait for a call to confirm a pick up time later in the day.
HOSPITAL POLICIES FOR OUR STAFF
- It is recommended that all staff receive the COVID vaccination however this is not mandatory. Unvaccinated staff are however required to wear a mask while indoors & practice social distancing where possible, regardless of the CDC guidelines.
- All staff & clients are currently required to wear masks while indoors
- Any staff member with flu-like systems must not enter the hospital until they have a confirmed negative COVID test (regardless of vaccination status)
STAFF/CLIENT INTERACTION PROTOCOL:
Regardless of vaccine status any client who unable to answer 'NO' to any of the hospital screening questions is not permitted to enter our facility. They are eligible for a curb side drop off appointment during which a staff member will be required to wear full PPE to retrieve the pet for their examination. All staff interacting with the pet are required to wear full PPE & the pet is to be wiped down with rescue wipes prior to examination. All surfaces the pet has come into contact with are to be sprayed down with rescue after the examination is complete.
Staff are required to provide care to patients belonging to clients with COVID symptoms or who are confirmed COVID positive as long as the above protocol is strictly followed. This is in alignment with the current CDC guidance. Please refer to the CDC website below for more details.
Additional Coronavirus resources:
Centre for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) Guidelines
Per the current CDC guidelines all clients are to wear masks at all times while in our facility, regardless of vaccination status.
The Castro Animal Hospital is committed to continuing to provide exceptional patient care during this difficult time. Due to the limitations on our services caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, The Castro Animal Hospital is instating a cancellation fee for appointments canceled less than 24 hours before their scheduled time.
Please call us at 415-658-7745 to notify us of any changes or cancellations. To cancel a Monday appointment, please call our office by end of the day (4 pm) on the Saturday before. If prior notification is not given, or an appointment is missed, your account will be charged a $35 cancellation fee.
We appreciate your understanding & support during this time as we endeavor to keep the doors of the Castro Animal Hospital open & continue to provide veterinary services for you & your pets
Thank you for your consideration in this matter. If you have any questions or concerns that you would like to discuss, please don’t hesitate to contact us via phone️ on (415) 658 7745 or via email at [email protected]
The Castro Animal Hospital Team